Reef & Rainforest Birding Tour:
- Day 1: Arrival to Belize International Airport
- Day 2: Birding at La Milpa Archaeological Site
- Day 3: Birding around Rio Bravo Conservation and Management Area
- Day 4: Birding around Blue Creek Rice Fields
- Day 5: Birding at Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary
- Day 6: Sunrise Birding on Western Lagoon
- Day 7: Birding around Caye Caulker Forest Reserve
- Day 8: Departure from Caye Caulker
- Day 9: Birding around the Hidden Valley Private Reserve
- Day 10: Depart to Belize International Airport
Arrival to Belize International Airport, Depart to Rio Bravo Conservation and Management Area. A night walk for owls will be available for those interested.
Birding at La Milpa Archaeological Site, top location in Belize to find the rare Crested Eagle and other large raptors. Spider Monkeys play in the canopy and are a favourite meal for Crested Eagles.
Birding around Rio Bravo Conservation and Management Area for species such as Crane Hawk, Great Curassow and the brightly colored Ocellated Turkey.
Birding around Blue Creek Rice Fields for several migrant waders and ducks. Departure to Crooked Tree.
Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary Tour on Boat in search of the huge Jabiru Stork, Snail Kites, Black-collared Hawk and dozens of ducks, egrets, herons and waders.
Sunrise Birding on Western Lagoon and edge of Crooked Tree Village in search of typical savannah species such as the Yucatan Jay and Yellow-headed Parrot. After lunch, we depart to Caye Caulker.
Birding around Caye Caulker Forest Reserve for species such as Clapper Rail and Rufous-necked Wood Rail and Common Black Hawk. Along the beachfront we might find Godwits and Brown Boobies, as well as waders skimming through for small crustaceans.
Departure from Caye Caulker and head to MPR with stop at Green Hills Butterfly Ranch for about a dozen Hummingbirds. Hook-billed Kites and Gray-headed Kites have been spotted regularly around this spot too.
Birding around the Hidden Valley Private Reserve for rare raptors such as the Orange-breasted Falcon, King Vulture, Solitary Eagle, Stygian Owl and Aplomado Falcon. In the afternoon we head to Rio Frio Cave for encounters with Blue-crowned Mot Mot, Orange-billed Sparrow and Golden-crowned Warblers. Montezuma Oropendolas, Rusty Sparrow and Plumbeous Kites can be seen frequently along the way as well.
Depart to Belize Int Airport with stop at The Belize Zoo.